It’s just over a year since we hit the brakes on the UR Podcast series with Urban Gym.
What started as a series of in-house recordings had to adapt quickly once the COVID pandemic broke, moving to online recordings, the last of which was released in April 2021.
Twelve months on and a lot of things have happened both for the gym itself which you can discover here or via Instagram. As I see a stories series popping up today from the National Fitness Games, it seems a good time to highlight the series as it stands
Everyone has a story to tell, so what’s URs? That sums up the series in a nutshell, presenting itself as a series of single-guest feature-length interviews from the world of sport, business, health and fitness.
The podcast begins at the very beginning by taking a look at what brought Andy and Marina to open the doors on a facility that has grown (in the time since) into a bustling fitness community, before working its way through athletes from the world of rugby, swimming, MMA, to musicians, nutritionists, sleep experts, sport psychologists and more.
My role was as anchor host, tying the threads together, before working up the technicals and distribution of the podcast. For that, I’ve been using the folks at Transistor.
- All Things Urban, Baby (Spotify | Apple | YouTube)
- Alison Miller, former Irish rugby international (Spotify | Apple | YouTube)
- Graham Doyle, The Irish Experience (Spotify | Apple | YouTube)
- Myles Price, PRO MMA athlete (Spotify | Apple | YouTube)
- Gráinne Murphy, Olympic swimmer (Spotify | Apple | YouTube)
- Pat Divilly, high performance coach (Spotify | Apple | YouTube)
- Justin Buchholz, MMA Coach and owner MFI Gym (Spotify | Apple | YouTube)
- Dr. Alan Desmond aka ‘The Devon Gut Doctor’ (Spotify | Apple | YouTube)
- Tom Coleman, sleep specialist (Spotify | Apple | YouTube)
- Nicky Whelan, strongman (Spotify | Apple | YouTube)
- Nathalie Lennon, health coach (Spotify | Apple | YouTube)
- Daryl Murphy, professional footballer (Spotify | Apple | YouTube)
- Maverick Sabre, musician (Spotify | Apple | YouTube)
- Edward Hayden, chef (Spotify | Apple | YouTube)
- Urijah Faber, MMA coach and owner Team Alpha Male (Spotify | Apple | YouTube)
- Richard Shanahan, sport psychologist (Spotify | Apple | YouTube)
- Marina & Andy, fighting lyme (Spotify | Apple | YouTube)
Audio is one thing, but from day one, the podcast took on a video element as well. Wexford photographer Shane O’Connor was on hand to film the in-house episodes at Urban Gym, before we moved online to Zoom and Streamyard productions. Here’s how things looked on the first day.
There wasn’t even a TV on the wall at that stage! By comparison, here’s the last / most recent episode as recording via Streamyard.
You can find all other episodes on the Urban Gym YouTube channel.
You can listen to all episodes on Spotify, Apple Podcasts or wherever you do your podcast listening. In the event that the podcast resurfaces with new episodes, you may as well hit that follow button.
Leave a Reply